SharePoint provides a great mechanism for automatically deploying installation packages (WSP files) to all servers in a farm. Unfortunately it is not always reliable and requires your environment to be in tip-top shape.
We get support calls from time to time from people where the WSP is stuck on the 'Deploying' status in Central Administration. A quick Google search shows that this is a common environmental problem not specific to Muhimbi's software.
Run the following troubleshooting steps to resolve this problem:
- Execute 'stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs' on your Central Administration server.
- and / or execute 'stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs' on all the servers in the SharePoint farm.
- and / or restart the SharePoint Timer Service on all servers in the SharePoint farm.
- and / or check that all the servers in the SharePoint farm are using the same time zone.
- and / or delete the deployment timer job that is causing the problem.