Upgrading to new versions of the Muhimbi PDF Converter has always been easy. It is a matter of uninstalling the old version and installing the latest download.
However, as version 8.0 (and later) is based on a completely new installer, slightly more attention is required. The key points are described below.
- Determine any custom settings applied to the current deployment (See section 2.8 of the latest Administration Guide)
- Uninstall the old (pre 8.0) version using the following steps.
- Conversion Service: Use 'Add / Remove programs' to uninstall the Muhimbi Conversion Service.
- SharePoint front end: run uninstall.cmd, which comes with the install set of the old installer. If the install set is no longer available, retract and delete all Muhimbi.pdfconverter.*.wsp files from the Central Administration Solution Management screen.
- License Manager: Repeat the same step for muhimbi.icensing.*.wsp
This Knowledge Base article does not replace section 2.8 Upgrading from a previous version in the latest Administration Guide. Please read that section in addition to this article.
If there are any questions then please contact us.