This article is about using Nintex Workflow in combination with the on-premise version of the Muhimbi PDF Converter for SharePoint (2007-2016). For details about using the SharePoint Online edition of both products, see this blog post.
At the time of writing the following Nintex Workflow Actions are available.
- Convert files to PDF (Legacy Activity)
- Convert between document types.
- Watermark files.
- Apply PDF security.
- Convert & Merge.
- Convert HTML to PDF.
- Convert to OCRed PDF.
- Extract Text using OCR.
- Copy Meta-Data.
Further information can be found in the User Guide. An example about how to execute multiple PDF Conversion and manipulation workflow activities in sequence is available here. For details about to convert a Nintex Form to PDF, including all attachments, see this blog post.
In order to use the Muhimbi Nintex Features you will need to enable this Feature at the Web Application level. In SharePoint 2010 / 20this blog post13 the Web Application Feature Management screen can be hard to find, please follow these steps:
- Open Central Administration / Application Management / Manage Web Application.
- Select the relevant Web Application and click Manage features.
- Enable Muhimbi PDF Converter - Nintex Workflow Integration.