The PDF Converter for SharePoint ships with a large number of workflow actions for SharePoint Designer, Nintex Workflow as well as K2. At the time of writing the following SharePoint Designer workflow actions are available.
- Convert Document: Convert document to PDF as well as non-PDF Files.
- All watermark actions, excluding the Add Composite Watermark to PDF action.
- Add Composite Watermark to PDF: Apply several watermarks in a single action.
- Convert HTML to PDF: Convert HTML fragments or URLs such as List items or SharePoint Pages.
- Convert to OCRed PDF: Make scans or faxes discoverable by your search engine.
- Copy MetaData: Control which meta-data is copied when generating files.
- Extract text using OCR: Carry out OCR on part of a page and return the text.
- Merge Documents into PDF: Convert multiple files and merge them into a single PDF.
- Secure PDF: Encrypt a file and restrict the ability to print or copy content.
- Split PDF: Split a single, larger, file into multiple small ones.
- Convert to PDF: Legacy Activity for SP2007-2013 workflow engine only, don't use it unless you have a good reason to do.
These workflow activities support the standard SharePoint workflow engine as well as the optional Workflow Manager introduced in SharePoint 2013 (Starting with the PDF Converter's 8.0 release). SharePoint Online support is available as well using the separate Muhimbi PDF Converter for SharePoint Online product.
Multiple workflow operations can be chained together by capturing the List Item ID of the output of one operation and use that to lookup an item, by its ID, in a follow up action. This way you can convert a document to PDF and then watermark or secure the generated PDF, all in a single workflow.
For details about how to use our Workflow Manager actions from Site or Reusable workflows, see this article.