The main PDF Converter for SharePoint Online website can be found here.
Based on the market leading Muhimbi PDF Converter for SharePoint (SP2007 - SP2016), the Muhimbi PDF Converter for SharePoint Online is a friendly yet powerful application that allows regular users to convert and merge files via the SharePoint user Interface or by triggering workflows.
Power users and software developers can create powerful workflows to automate common document conversion and processing tasks. Automatically convert, watermark, secure, and file a document when it reaches a certain status? No problem! Automatically carry out OCR on faxes and scans when they are uploaded…. even easier!
With the Muhimbi PDF Converter for SharePoint Online users can:
- Convert common file types to PDF.
- Merge multiple files into a single PDF.
- Copy or remove meta-data.
- Apply watermarks via workflows and in real-time
- Encrypt PDF files*
- Apply PDF restrictions (restrict print, copying of content etc)*
- Carry out OCR*
- Cross convert files (doc to docx, docx to xlsx, xls to docx etc.)*
- Integrate with SharePoint Designer Workflows as well as Microsoft Flow.
- Use a friendly REST based API to use all facilities from your own code.
Please note that this Online App can be deployed on SharePoint 2013 (and later) as well. Detail can be found in this Blog post.
The PDF Converter supports a large number of file formats including MS-Word, Excel, InfoPath, PowerPoint, MSG, EML, Visio, Images, HTML and AutoCAD. Due to limitations in SharePoint’s App model, workflow activities must be deployed separately as described here.
For more details see the following articles:
- Using the PDF Converter for SharePoint Online User Interface.
- Using the PDF Converter for SharePoint Online Workflow Actions.
- Installing the PDF Converter for SharePoint Online App.
- Installing the PDF Converter for SharePoint Online Workflow Actions.
- Automatic Document Conversion using SharePoint Online Workflows.
- Watermark and secure documents the moment they are opened.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- PDF Converter for SharePoint Online Website.
- Integrate with Microsoft Flow.
- Use from your own code using a REST based API.
If you'd like to learn more please visit the website.
This is a very actively developed product. Check back often or contact us for more information.