Due to limitations in SharePoint Online's App Model, it is currently not possible to deploy workflow actions as part of an 'App'. Therefore, if you wish to use the Muhimbi PDF Converter for SharePoint Online from a workflow, you will need to deploy the workflow actions separately.
The workflow actions are distributed as a separate installer. All workflow actions are 'declarative' (no code) so there is no need to worry about negative security or stability implications.
Installation steps are as follows:
- Install the PDF Converter App from the SharePoint App store as described here.
- Carry out a single conversion via the user interface. This activates the trial. Without this step your workflows will not work.
- Download the Workflow Actions from the Muhimbi Website.
- Navigate to the root of the SharePoint Site Collection you wish to execute workflows on, open the settings menu (gear icon at the top) and select Site Settings.
- In the Web Designer Galleries section select Solutions.
- In the Solutions Ribbon Bar click Upload Solution, browse for the file downloaded as part of step #1 and click OK.
- In the Add a document window that is displayed automatically, click the Activate button.
- Return to the Site Settings page (See step #2).
- In the Site Actions section select Manage site features.
- Search for the Feature named Muhimbi PDF Converter for SharePoint Online - Workflow Actions and activate it.
- Repeat steps 8-10 for every (sub) site you wish to enable the Workflow Actions on.
Instructions showing how to deploy the (non-workflow) SharePoint Online App can be found here.
Please note that the App as well as the workflow actions can be deployed in SharePoint 2013 on-premise (and later) as well. For details see this Blog post.
If you have any questions then please contact us.